Monday, June 17, 2013

Small Town to the Show: Wil Myers

I am from a small town.  Very small.  The kind of small where you cannot go out to eat, to the gas station, or even to the bathroom (hopefully by now you get the picture) without seeing someone you know, your whole family knows, and who knows all your business.  So, when something like this happens, you cannot help but brag a little, saying "I remember when..." for Wil Myers, who has been called up form AAA Durham Bulls to the big show in Tampa Bay.

I played little league baseball with Wil.  In a game in 2001, I actually struck him out (the crowning achievement in my baseball career). While my career ended not long after, it seems Wil's is just getting started.  Drafted by the Royals a few years back as a catcher, he made the transition to Right Field to hopefully reach the majors faster.

He made a real splash last off season when the Rays gave up stud pitcher James Shields and others for him, and some felt that move was made for him to be a starter game 1.  For $$$ purposes, the Rays kept him down in the minors until now.



Wil has the tools and the ability to be a long term great hitter in baseball.  He can hit for power and average.  If the Yankees or the Red Sox wanna compete against this guy, give me a call.  I am affordable and do have a good track record against this guy!

-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to post youtube videos in the comments! just copy and paste the link!